Are you a business or corporation that would like assistance with an issue that you are having, or would you just like to make sure your employees and co-workers are more able to respond to issues such as homelessness, panhandling, displacement, and poverty, in general? If so, we have a dynamic program which can be tailored to your needs and time-constraints. From just 1 hour, to a full day, we provide high-quality, well researched, best practices for your business that will enable you to understand:
- Solutions to Homelessness
- Current Data on Homelessness, including Family and Children
- Reducing Harm from Stereotypes and Language Bias
- Failures in the Safety Net
- Funding and Need of Services
- Housing Displacement and Gentrification
- History of Racism in Housing, including Redlining
- What is Affordable Housing, and the Need
- Hate Crimes and Out-of-Sight Policing
- How to Respond to Panhandling
We understand how difficult it is to navigate the landscape, and we would like to help. We provide an intense, but judgement-free learning environment to make sure everyone feels safe to participate and to learn with an open mind. We hope to build empathy and confidence so that you may have a strong grasp on how to effectively work to eradicate homelessness while operating a successful business.
Please contact the Director of Education, Dr. Mark Mussman (MarkMussman@cincihomeless.org) to set up a date and time, or if you have any questions. Please let us know which topics you are most interested in covering, and if there’s a specific incident you’d like for us to address.