The Homeless Coalition’s Social Justice Walking Tour focuses on the historical and contemporary struggles and successes of the Over-the-Rhine Peoples’ Movement. Tours take you through the streets, alleys, and parks of the neighborhood and clarify the meaning and direction of decades of neglect and today’s investment. Learn and see for yourself what gentrification looks like and how displacement affects community members.
Topics covered include:
- Cincinnati History
- Housing Laws and Discrimination
- Over-the-Rhine Peoples’ Movement
- Hostile Design and Architecture
- Privatization and loss of Public Space
- Non-profit advocacy and service organizations
- Single Room Occupancies (SRO’s)
- Cincinnati’s 2001 Rebellion against police brutality
- Gentrification and displacement
Depending on time constraints, you may visit a social service organization to see what their day-to-day operations look like. It’s a great way to learn about social service agencies in the neighborhood as well. Tours can be tailored to your group and typically last between 1 and 2 hours.
Cost: $80/Group (max 20 in each group). Sign up today: https://cincihomeless.org/please-register-your-education-event-here/